Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hot For Tutor

Day two: I arrived early before day two of microeconomics and sat quietly at a library table outside room 203. I quickly realized that I could very well be on the set of Community waiting for my study group to join me and discuss supply/demand and the latest gossip around campus (such an Abed move, I know, right). When I opened my eyes and realized I had been humming the theme song, I realized, sadly that I was alone at the table. That's when I got this great idea: I am going to create a study group just like the one on Community. A rag-tag team of students, different ages, ethnic backgrounds, and home lives. Part one of my plan: Assign parts. I, being Abed of course am most qualified to cast my vision of Community: The Hamline edition so I decided to begin with Shirley, the sassy "mom" of the bunch who brings laughter and a moral tie-in to each shenanigan we find ourselves in. Enter: Sara. My first summer school friend. A young mom of three who sat herself down to me at the study table and asked if we could go over the previous homework assignment. Things were falling into place beautifully. I found my Shirley. We chatted and decided to meet 30 minutes before each class to go over homework, gossip, do each other's nails, and make up dance routines. She only knows about the homework part right now, but once I tell he about my plan she will be in for sure. Next, I needed a Senor Chang the "oxymoronic Chinese spanish language teacher"...enter: Professor Dr. Aziz. A woman with a PhD? Oxymoron? CHECK! Not to press my luck I decided that I had found enough characters for one day.

I may have had a panic attack about my first night of homework but day two quelled any fear I had had the night before. Not only is the homework now mind numbingly easy, but I think I understand it better than 60% of the class. I am feeling smart and on cloud nine until Aziz drops this bomb: A TA will serve as a tutor if needed for the students this summer. A TA? This could be my chance at love! A hot Minnesotan business major looking to help out with a summer class. If he is even remotely good-looking, this class is going to go over my head as quickly as possible. I am totally going to pull a Lohan in Mean Girls on this one. We can only hope and pray that the tutor is the single man of my dreams. I'll keep you updated ladies and gents.

1 comment:

  1. After Westmont you should probably stay in CA...Hollywood and write a successful television series. I would watch.

    ReplyDelete